5 Tips for a Stress Free Remodel
Remodeling is stressful. Here are our top 5 tips, under the best of situations, for a stress-free remodel!
- Choose The Right Remodeling Partner – There is no such thing as “Apples to Apples”. Research through your personal referrals, the size and type of the company you’re interested in, similar projects to yours, the better business bureau, and make sure they’re bonded and licensed. It may also be helpful to inquire about whether they drug test and background check their employees.
- Ask The Right Questions – Once you’ve signed a design agreement, it’s important to clarify the scope of work, including all selection details and options. You need to know if there are any exclusions, what they are, and how they impact your design.
- Minimize Surprises – Remodeling is complex. It’s essential to make sure whoever you’re working with is familiar with the latest county requirements. Know who on your team is responsible for doing the due diligence, including existing conditions of your home which could impact your final outcome.
- Get It In Writing – Your final construction contract should include a detailed scope of work, drawings and/or plans, which reflect your scope of work, allowances (if any), and your specific selection choices. Always get it in writing!
- Agree to Expectations – Lastly, it’s critical to discuss with your construction team how they will protect your home, family and pets while the remodel is underway. Things to ask: do they use floor protection? Can they accommodate your family’s schedules? How will the site be secured? What is the projected time frame of the project? Etc. All questions are good – don’t be afraid to ask yours!
Check out MORE tips on our follow-up blog: 5 MORE Tips for a Stress-Free Remodel
Schedule your free in-home consultation today
Dave & Shira, of North Arlington, were aware of the areas of their home that needed to be reconfigured, but it wasn’t until they began expecting a new member of the family that they realized it was time to tackle a home remodel. The anticipated arrival of baby Daniel meant that they either needed to…
Join us on Thursday, July 8th, to view this Whole House Remodeled Home Tour, virtually! Visit our Events page to register. Steve and Renee came to Sun Design seeking solutions to problems that they could not yet identify. They knew that they loved their home and location, and that it had served them well during…
Isn’t it true that when guests arrive they all seem to gravitate in the kitchen? Kids return home from school, grandchildren come to visit, the neighbors drop in… and everyone ends up wedged between the sink and the fridge. Very few cooks enjoy being confined in a tight space to prepare a meal when company…
”We have found all of the people who we have worked with from Sun Design--from the co-owner, to the designer, to the sales manager and the construction team--to be of the absolute highest quality and character. The experience has far exceeded our expectations. Sun Design.”Kieran and Kathleen