5 Tips for a Stress Free Remodel
Remodeling is stressful. Here are our top 5 tips, under the best of situations, for a stress-free remodel!
- Choose The Right Remodeling Partner – There is no such thing as “Apples to Apples”. Research through your personal referrals, the size and type of the company you’re interested in, similar projects to yours, the better business bureau, and make sure they’re bonded and licensed. It may also be helpful to inquire about whether they drug test and background check their employees.
- Ask The Right Questions – Once you’ve signed a design agreement, it’s important to clarify the scope of work, including all selection details and options. You need to know if there are any exclusions, what they are, and how they impact your design.
- Minimize Surprises – Remodeling is complex. It’s essential to make sure whoever you’re working with is familiar with the latest county requirements. Know who on your team is responsible for doing the due diligence, including existing conditions of your home which could impact your final outcome.
- Get It In Writing – Your final construction contract should include a detailed scope of work, drawings and/or plans, which reflect your scope of work, allowances (if any), and your specific selection choices. Always get it in writing!
- Agree to Expectations – Lastly, it’s critical to discuss with your construction team how they will protect your home, family and pets while the remodel is underway. Things to ask: do they use floor protection? Can they accommodate your family’s schedules? How will the site be secured? What is the projected time frame of the project? Etc. All questions are good – don’t be afraid to ask yours!
Check out MORE tips on our follow-up blog: 5 MORE Tips for a Stress-Free Remodel
Schedule your free in-home consultation today
Main-level living is a popular reason for many people to remodel their homes. Thriving-in-Place, as we call it, often means that your lifestyle has begun to change as you grow and so will your needs. The Harrison family in particular had very compelling reasons to seek out a one-level living remodel. After Frank Harrison survived…
Join us THIS THURSDAY to tour this remodeled home virtually. RSVP today! Entering a New Stage in Life Rex and Patti had been living in their Fairfax County home for the past sixteen years before it became time to acknowledge the lifestyle changes that their family was both experiencing and predicting. Both are working professionals…
Check out our Coronavirus Precaution videos! Job Site Precaution VIDEO – We have been very busy preparing the job sites to take proper precautions as it relates to COVID-19 and thought we would share what the protocols are/will be on all job sites during this time. For as exciting as a job site precautions video…
”Everyone at Sun Design was a pleasure to work with. It's difficult to have work done on your home as you are living in it. It is obvious that the crews are well trained in making the project as pleasant an experience as possible.”James and Val