Home Remodeling in Bethesda, Maryland
Get in Touch With an Bethesda Home Design Consultant Today
Bethesda, Maryland Home Remodeling at Sun Design
At Sun Design, we are Bethesda’s home remodeling specialists! Whether you’re looking to remodel one room or your entire house, our design and construction experts are here to help turn your home into the space you’ve always dreamed of.
Our unique design-build process allows us to add value to your home while tailoring the space to fit your lifestyle. Our experience in the Bethesda, MD area gives us an edge working on the distinct homes of the area. Our detailed planning and design talent allows us to give life to your vision and turn it into reality. You’ll love your new space!
Whether you know the exact particulars of the space you’re looking for or are still exploring the possibilities of what your home can be, Sun Design can help you realize the perfect space for you.
The Sun Design Process
Sun Design takes a design-forward approach to remodeling homes in Bethesda. Our concept-to-completion process focuses on your functional, lifestyle, and design needs. This allows us to create a space that delivers what you’ve always wanted out of your home.
Our experts will do everything possible to ensure you enjoy the remodel process. We want you to not only be happy with your new space, we want you to love the process of having your home remodeled, too.
Our attention-to-detail and design acumen consistently result in a design our customers love and result in long-lasting relationships.
Our proven design-build process:
- Consultation and planning: Every home remodel starts with an on-site consultation to determine your goals and vision for your new space. After reviewing your budget and timeline, we’ll prepare a Design Agreement outlining the scope of your unique project.
- Design and review: Your project designer will visit your home to take measurements and further discuss the details of your project. The designer will then begin designing your home remodel based off your vision. Once the plans are finished, you’ll have an opportunity to view 3D renderings and the option to see the space in virtual reality.
- Final budget and materials: Once the final design is approved, we’ll hold a Selections Meeting where we’ll decide on materials, flooring, fixtures, lighting, cabinets, appliances, and more. Afterwards, a Production Team Review will be scheduled to ensure the entire team is on the same page. This will allow for a final budget and timeline for construction will be presented and approved.
- Construction and check in: At our Pre-Construction Meeting, we’ll discuss logistics and expectations prior to the project starting. Once construction begins, walk-throughs will be conducted on a weekly-basis so you can ask questions and receive progress updates. This will let us ensure your absolute satisfaction.
- Completion: Just prior to completion, we’ll prepare a final completion “punch list” where we’ll note outstanding items to ensure every last bit of your new space is perfect.
Our Bethesda, Maryland Remodeling Services
See The Sun Design Design-Build Process in Action
Vibrant Whole Home Remodel
Doorless Entry To Shower
Lower Level Entertaining
What Our Clients Say
“We used Sun Design for a renovation a few years back and were thrilled with the results. Craig and his exceptional team were thoughtful, creative and practical – coming up with solutions that met the needs of our family including boys and dogs – while also giving us great design, new space, and a home we LOVE.”
“Soup to Nuts: We worked with Sun Design on a complete remodel of our kitchen and family room including movement of walls, laying out the space in a new way, and bringing the outside in. Their expertise in renovations to homes built in the last 50 years and in blending the old and new spaces impressed us.
From soup to nuts, the Sun Design team was fantastic to work with and walked us through each step of the process. Their integrated team broke down a sizable project, that could otherwise have been very overwhelming, into digestible chunks. Their process from vision/bid to design, project management, and day to day interactions on site was well communicated, planned, and executed. They listened to us and worked in partnership with us to help us realize our vision.
We especially appreciated their support in helping/encouraging us to think creatively. The Sun Design team made several critically important suggestions that made a huge impact on the project. They went above and beyond on a number of occasions including helping us put together a custom backsplash insert and reworking our kitchen island sizing to provide better flow.
So many people we encounter describe having negative experiences, so we were especially thrilled to have such a positive experience working with Sun Design and to love so much the finished project. We plan to do another renovation with Sun Design in the future.”
Residential Interior Award Winner
Residential Outdoor Living Award Winner
Residential Basement Award Winner
Baby Boomers Age in Place
Creative Problem Solving: More Than a “Kitchen Remodel”
Why We Love Open Floor Plans… And You Will, Too!
About Sun Design
Since 1988, Sun Design has provided distinct and award-winning home renovations to the Bethesda, MD, Northern Virginia, and Montgomery County, MD areas.
Our trusted and experienced team is dedicated to adding comfort and value to your home through our unique design-build process. Our detailed planning, years of experience, and exceptional talent deliver the space of your dreams on time and on budget.
Our Office Locations
Burke, VA Location
Sun Design Corporate Office
5795B Burke Centre Pkwy
Burke, VA 22015
Phone: (703) 425-5588
McLean, VA Location
Sun Design Office
6862 Elm Street, Suite 330
McLean, VA 22101
Phone: (703) 239-2373
Ready to Get Started?
Schedule Your Complimentary In-Home Consultation Today
Schedule your free in-home consultation today
Build vs Design Approach Why approach the design with purpose? Often a remodel starts when something breaks, doesn’t work quite right, or you want to improve something (whether it’s a specific function or cosmetics). If you were looking to remodel a kitchen, for instance, from what I refer to as a “build” approach it may…
”You listened, you designed, and then you built. Every time I walk into our new addition I feel the joy. Thank you so much!”Ray and Lenore